Sunday, October 2, 2011

So long humble abode!

Our first home may have been small but it sure is full of a lot of great memories.  Spending my whole Saturday packing it up (alone because Trev left for Europe), and cleaning, my mind retraced those first experiences during our first year of marriage:
  • getting to decorate!
  • opening wedding gifts
  • figuring out how to work the oven--(there were two knobs, who woulda thought?!) 
  • those mornings shoveling our cars out of the ditch 
  • our first Christmas and tree and lights :)
  • FREEZING through our first winter
  • spending our weekends at the BEAV
  • watching our favorite TV series': FRIENDS, Bones, House, Office, Modern Family
  • battles with the spiders
  • trying to share our little bathroom--which is now why I have a vanity
  • trying to share closet  space was a bigger dilemma--Trev has more shoes than any girl I know
  • barbequing in our darling back yard
  • being lucky enough to have the temple just down the block, I will sure miss those nightly walks!
 It has been a fabulous first home and we will surely miss it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh the memories of the first crib! Even though I complain about the spiders and white walls, I will feel a little sad leaving our townhouse in May. Cheers to you and the next house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww :( I will miss the little while house too! Well, pretty soon we will be neighbors! can't wait for that! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete