Friday, March 27, 2015

One Month as a Mom

Well I have survived the first month as a mother!  However, I have loved my new full time job so it has been an awesome month! 
Week One:
It took both Trev and I to figure out how to dress him! Liam so so patient. Who knew it would be so hard to get a onsie on?  It also took both of us to change his diaper. We sure got peed on quite a bit that first week due to our rookie diaper jobs. 
Liam smiled from day one and I am obsessed with his cute little grins, half smiles and ear to ear smiles. My favorite thing is after he sneezes he gives us a big ole smile and coos. It is adorable!! He also smiles after he eats and is drifting off to sleep, and when he has bubble guts. 
He has been a fantastic eater and gained 8 oz his first week! He had his first check up at 5 days and passed with flying colors. He even have the doc some smiles and she was so impressed. 
I don't think we heard him cry once his first week home. He would just let out some adorable whimpers when he got hungry. 
Trev had the whole week off and was AMAZING! I loved watching him with Liam because he loves him so much. I had a pretty rough, painful first week recovering and Trev was so good to let me rest. He cooked, cleaned and ran any errands. He hardly let me do anything but be with Liam and sleep. 
Trev had to go back to work the next week so Grandma Lund stayed with us. She was a lifesaver. She cleaned, cooked and let me sleep. 
It has been so fun spending my days snuggling our little Liam. I take way too many pictures because I can't get enough of him! We are so in love and happy he is part of our family!



No comments:

Post a Comment